Repost : Halloween Lawn Ghosts!



Hello My Sparkly Friends!I have had so many requests for this tutorial I am reposting
it for now and will repost my new improved ones soon!
Here is a fun outdoor decoration to make
which will 
have your neighbors
talking for weeks!

They are super easy peasy to make...




Just get yourself some:
Cheap Plastic Drop Cloths

White paper, newspaper
or even leaves to stuff the heads


6 or 8 Lengths of rebar- 3 to 4 feet high

Clear packing tape

a bunch of older outdoor white
Christmas Lights with a long extension cord


HOW TO ASSEMBLE
 1.  Hammer your rebar into the ground 
in a circle formation

2. Cut lengths of drop cloth double the height you want your ghosts

3.  Form the head by balling up paper.  When you have a large enough ball place in center of stretched out dropcloth section.

4.  Gather the  drop cloth and cover the paper forming a head, almost as if you were covering a lollypop

5.  Place "head" of rebar and wrap packing tape around plastic to form neck.

6.  Randomly cut up from the bottom of the plastic to form ribbons

7.  Gather at the waist area and tape again
Your ghosts should now look like armless
lollypop dolls at this point.

8.  Cut several long strips of dropcloth to form arms.
These are crisscrossed and tied arround chest area, then each "hand end" is knotted to the next ghost's "hand end" to look like they are holding hands.

9.  Place your heap of lights on the center and plug in!

You can keep these up thru Christmas-
Just add wings and string the lights around them
and they
become
Angels!!!
Just don't forget the aluminum foil halos:) 




and here is some pink,
since it is 
PINK SATURDAY!!
Now be sure to visit
all of the other Pinkness
over at
Thank you
for stopping by and visiting us!!!










25 comments

  1. Hi Sparkly Friend! It has been a while since I have made the rounds over here. I love these dancing ghosts. Very cool display. Enjoy the season! Hugs to you and the pixies! Anne

    ReplyDelete
  2. OH MY GOSH!!! That is just the sweetest idea!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! TYSM for sharing!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. love them, I bet at night its sooooo spooky!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. That is super cute! We have a house on the edge of town that is like 150 years old and they put little sheet ghosts holding hands in their yard. I have always loved them.
    Sherry

    ReplyDelete
  5. Tobi, I called my husband right in here to see this. He loves Halloween decorations!

    Happy Pink Saturday, dear friend.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Now that is just toooo stinkin' cute for words! May have to try that ~ thanks for the how-to!

    Happy PS!

    Big TX Hugs,
    Stephanie
    Angelic Accents

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh wow! Those are cool and spooky! I love your poodle at the end it looks like a white version of mine!
    Hugs,
    Olivia

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow, That is really cool Tobi, I'll have to remember that for next year, you may need to re-post next year, just send me a reminder the 1st of October, lol, like and alarm clock! Thanks, Hugs and happy Pink Saturday!

    ReplyDelete
  9. That is such a cute idea! I love it! Thanks so much for the how-to :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. SWEET!!!!!!!!!! and SPOOKY. thanks for sharing the how to!
    dana

    ReplyDelete
  11. Beautiful..Thank you for sharing..
    HPS

    ReplyDelete
  12. Tobi I used your idea and made 4 dancing ghosts dancing around 2 pumpkins and think I will put glow sticks in the pumpkins at night. Thanks for the instructions, I just love them. I painted smiles and eyes on their faces and they are happy ghosts. I plan to post them on my Pink Saturday post.
    Hugs
    Ginger

    ReplyDelete
  13. Love this, thanks so much for posting the instructions! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  14. I love your ghosts. I'm really behind on my Pink Saturday but glad I stopped by or I would have missed them. Happy Pink Saturday.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Wow! I love this!
    You are so creative!
    Thank you for sharing!
    Leticia

    ReplyDelete
  16. Ooooh Tobi!! If I put that up in my yard, the HOA would come after me! Ha ha!! I think it's WAY COOL though!!!

    ReplyDelete
  17. OMG, this just takes the cake! I swear this is the best Halloween decoration I have ever seen...I wonder if I still have time to do this! I LOVE IT! Thanks so much for sharing this fantastic idea! xo Paulette

    ReplyDelete
  18. Tobi check out my blog, I showed the ghosts I made like yours and linked your blog. Love them.
    Hugs
    Ginger

    ReplyDelete
  19. Oh Tobi Sweetie...
    What a beautiful share sweetie. I missed this last week. I can't believe it either, as this is so cute. I am going for the Christmas Angels for sure. With Halloween decorations going to be marked down after Halloween I will be searching for small wings and halos, how sweet that will be. I must have this ring of angels. I love the Idea. I could make a card to place in the center, that would look like a sheet of music, Joy to the World would be appropriate. I love it sweetie. I just love it. You are so darn creative. My husband actually has rebar, so that won't have to be purchased and I can start getting my drop cloths as I see a couple. After Thanksgiving I will have it ready to set up. I am thinking about having them around my birdbath out front. It is quite large and it would be beautiful. My mind is racing at this point sweet friend.

    I am having some problems with my legs, and haven't been on my computer as much at a time, so I haven't been around as much. I so wish I had a laptop, then I could sit in bed and type. What a treasure.

    Have a gorgeous Halloween, I know you will. You are always in my thoughts and prayers sweetie. You are so loved. Many hugs and much love, Sherry

    ReplyDelete
  20. Those are sooo fun! LOVE IT! I bet at night it looks amazing too! Happy Halloween and PS to one of my most fav gals!!

    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  21. Thank you for sharing! Will be doing this in my yard this year!!

    ReplyDelete
  22. I just opened my pinterest and found this. Sorry if I'm like two years late to tell you that this is the best, most striking, awesomest (I swear that's not even a word!) Hallowe'en decoration I've ever seen. It's easy, it's cheap and it's so, so gorgeous! I swear if you sat next to me I'd have to hug you.

    ReplyDelete
  23. Hi Tobi,
    So glad I found your blog while I was on Pinterest. It's lovely. I love your little ghosts dancing around a faux fire place. I am so going to try this for Halloween and then turn them into angels for Christmas. Very clever! Thanks for sharing!
    Hugs,
    Janet
    Janet's Creative Pillows
    www.janetscreativepillows.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  24. Your little ghoulies are just too stinkin' cute! Thank you for sharing them!!

    Hugs XX
    Barbara

    ReplyDelete