Lawn Ghost Re-Post



Hello My Sparkly Friends!I have had so many requests for this tutorial I am re-posting
it for now and will post my new improved ones for 2012 soon!
Lawn Ghosts are a fun outdoor decoration to make
which will 
have your neighbors
talking for weeks!

They are super easy peasy to make...




Just get yourself some:
Cheap Plastic Drop Cloths

White paper, newspaper
or even leaves to stuff the heads


6 or 8 Lengths of rebar- 3 to 4 feet high

Clear packing tape

a bunch of older outdoor white
Christmas Lights with a long extension cord


HOW TO ASSEMBLE
 1.  Hammer your rebar into the ground 
in a circle formation or a wavy "tango line"

2. Cut lengths of drop cloth double the height you want your ghosts

3.  Form the head by balling up paper.  When you have a large enough ball place in center of stretched out drop cloth section.

4.  Gather the  drop cloth and cover the paper forming a head, almost as if you were covering a lollypop

5.  Place "head" of rebar and wrap packing tape around plastic to form neck.

6.  Randomly cut up from the bottom of the plastic to form ribbons

7.  Gather at the waist area and tape again
Your ghosts should now look like armless
lollypop dolls at this point.

8.  Cut several long strips of dropcloth to form arms.
These are crisscrossed and tied arround chest area, then each "hand end" is knotted to the next ghost's "hand end" to look like they are holding hands.

9.  Place your heap of lights on the center and plug in!

You can keep these up thru Christmas-
Just add wings and string the lights around them
and they
become
Angels!!!
Just don't forget the aluminum foil halos:) 



And just to keep in with the Pink Saturday theme, wouldn't you just adore these pink wellies to flitter around your garden in?!

I am linking this post to Miss Beverly's PINK SATURDAY- the theme this week is Pumpkins so hop on over and see if there are any ideas that catch your fancy!!












28 comments

  1. That is such a great idea! I am inspired now :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awesome blog! You got yourself a new follower! Hugs <3

    ReplyDelete
  3. apartment living i can't do them this way. is there another way?

    ReplyDelete
  4. for those that live in Apartments. is there a way for us to make those? would really love to know!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yes Witchy, Just make the head and let the skirt dangel, then tie to your fire escape so they can blow in the wind!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thank you so much for posting this fantastic idea!!! My lawn decorations were getting so tired, can't wait to make this one!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I seldom see something so unique that I have to do it - these are unique and I can't wait to make some of my own!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow!!! If this isn't sensational. It's amazing and doesn't look too difficult to make. Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  9. How adorable these are soooo cute, what a wonderful and fun idea....

    HPS~
    Mari

    ReplyDelete
  10. Simply gorgeous! I am the featured blog this week, hope you can drop by.

    Pumpkin Fun
    Have an enjoyable pumpkin-licious weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  11. OMGosh...these are the cutest! And they would definitely be able to morph into angels for Christmas....love anything to do with fairies...I'm working on an angel fairy tale. It's a story about an Angel who starts a harp orchestra and also has a business whispering to dragons and flying horses. Still needs a lot of work. This garden idea sure inspires me to get going on that story. Love your post which I followed from Beverly's pink Saturday. Smiles, Maria from Seattle....

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Maria, it is now several years since your comment but I am just now reading it. I had the same thought about turning these into angels at Christmas time. :-)

      Delete
  12. Wow! This is great! Thank you for sharing and for leaving a comment so that I could find your Pink pixie forest :) Katarina

    ReplyDelete
  13. I made these and people have come to my door and stopped me in my drive asking where I got them and how to make them. I direct them to this site. These are so eye catching and different.

    ReplyDelete
  14. I love this! I needed really large decoration for our giant historic front yard, this is perfect!! We're gonna have a really big circle, with a varitable bonfire in the center! You have a new follower.

    ReplyDelete
  15. How creepy is that.. I love it! I linked to this on my blog. Thank you for the tutorial :)

    ReplyDelete
  16. How cute are these and I love love your site. Found you thru Roses. Now to make some Angels. love it and thanks for sharing.xo

    ReplyDelete
  17. pixie girl I just found you, I'm a Fairy Elder, come visit me too, we have lots to share LOL....I'm following now.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Nice picture.... I like it...

    Regards....
    lawn

    ReplyDelete
  19. This was so much fun to do! http://www.pinterest.com/pin/26599454022783001/

    ReplyDelete
  20. Loving the Lawn Ghosts I'm thinking of making these for our Halloween event. They would look great outside the Manor when the guests arrive. Thanks for sharing them.

    ReplyDelete
  21. I made these for Halloween last year and they looked great! I got lots of compliments about how great and spooky they turned out. Here's a photo of them: http://i65.photobucket.com/albums/h209/rissaroo1234/Ghost-Circle-Web.jpg
    Thanks so much for the great idea!

    ReplyDelete
  22. where would we get paper drop clothes here in Ontario...any suggestions folks...love the ghost and angel idea

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Ontario! They are made from clear plastic drop cloths, not paper! That may make it easier! Please send me pictures- I will be making a post on lawn ghosts around the country! Sparkly Hugs, Tobi and the Pixies!

      Delete
  23. Thank you so much for your adorable idea! You are really creative! Can I ask you what ply of drop cloths you used? Also, I am having trouble with assembling the arms and wondered if you could you post another picture or 2 showing how you did them or give more details about how you tied the arms? I'm not sure if you just tied a knot on the chest then spread them out or if you wrapped them from the front to the back, then crossed them in the back, but if so, then what? Also, can you tell us how you were able to get their dresses to be more frilly the last time you made these? They are sooo cute! Thanks again! :)

    ReplyDelete
  24. question-the witch circle is awesome(ghost) as well. Do you have directions on the witch circle. I'm guy handy but better with directions. I'm putting this on a hill so the witches will be at least 5ft tall. The kids in the neighborhood and my kids will be blown away.
    Thanks for the ideas

    John

    ReplyDelete
  25. hahaha awesome ghost

    ReplyDelete
  26. I know its a little bit more probably but I think I might invest in some white thin cloth find some on clearance a lot. Use it instead so it looks a bit more eerie.

    ReplyDelete