The Pink Pixie Forest Has Come To Life!!


Hello My Sparkly Friends!!!
Sorry it has been a while since I have posted- The pixies and I have been busy bringing the Pink Pixie Forest to life in my backyard.  We removed a few trees to make way for Mr. Sunshine, knocked down an old dilapidated shed, trimmed the big ugly black chain link dog run in half and changed it to silver.
Then we added lots of pretty crushed gravel and bluestone, hydrangea, hibiscus and rose bushes  and plenty of pennsylvania wall stone for some sweet rock walls.  It is now the home of two Fairy Cottages and garden art space for my classes, a raised garden for next year's vegetables, and a few little outdoor "sitting rooms" which I am still working on.  It is like a little pinterest dream come true!
Here are some fun before and afters!

Before- Concrete pad for fairy cottage
After- Cottage, Arbor and Bluestone 
sitting area and path


                                                                                         
Before- Yucky Dog run
After- Raised beds- view from deck

Before
after

before



I just love having these raised beds now instead of a big black chain link poopy dog run!!


after





Before raised beds
After raised Beds and gravel









Before stone wall


Stone wall constructed




Stone wall planted

                                    Cottages installed





Have a wonderfully sparkly weekend, and a happy Pink Saturday!
 Sparkly Hugs,
Tobi and the Pixies!









11 comments

  1. What a remarkable makeover of your yard. Looks very nice. It requires a lot of hard work and time tho.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Tobi, Happy PINK Saturday! It looks like you and I have spent our Summer doing the same thing, backyard makeovers, and that is the subject of my post today too! You have done a great job and it looks fabulous. I love your new fairy cottages, they are so charming. Have a wonderful weekend, Nan

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow! How beautiful! The amount of work you have put in is amazing. What beautiful results!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Tobi, I can see why you have let posting wait for awhile---your makeover is fantastic. The cottages are charming and the landscaping looks like a pro did it. Just beautiful.
    ann

    ReplyDelete
  5. Looks fabulous ! Wish I had room for a fairy cottage. Happy PS .

    ReplyDelete
  6. Absolutely gorgeous! Hopping a little late from Pink Saturday.

    My PINK, come and see when you get a chance.
    Have a lovely Sunday!

    ReplyDelete
  7. OMG!!

    Beautiful!!

    And I am so jealous!! Not one but two cottages to boot!!

    Hugs,
    Deb

    ReplyDelete
  8. So gorgeous!I love all of it.You have done such a wonderful job.Denise

    ReplyDelete
  9. How fun! What a big project! But it turned out great. I love your blog, too. Just beautiful! :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Truly noteble makeover of your yard. Looks very nice. It requires a lot of hard work and time also. xx
    ~ Herman Swan

    ReplyDelete
  11. I came over from your comment left on my creepy heads. I have been reading and reading, but I had to come back to this post. This is a true dream come true. I love the raised beds and that cottage would inspire anyone. How lucky you are!

    Distressed Donna Down Home

    ReplyDelete