Raising Bob


Hello my SpaRkLy FrIenDs!

Meet Bob.

He is the latest addition to the Pink Pixie Forest.


I found him on top of my
Recycling Can,

outside just before we were supposed to get a big snow storm here
last weekend in New York.

I took him inside,
stirred up some sugar water
and fed him!

This isn't the first time I have taken care of a butterfly-
I kept him alive for two months
until I left him in Ohio by mistake
while visiting relatives :(

His name was Bob as well,
so I guess this one is
Bob2


This is a pic of Bob2
thinking he can get nectar from my
Bottle Brush tree
Paper Roses!

Bob sleeps and spends most of the day
on the window side of my curtains
in my bedroom.
I feed him sugar water every day
from a spoon

Hopefully I can keep him alive till the spring
when the other "Bobs" come back to town!


Needless to say, I think Bob is my special
Divine Encouragement
to keep getting my life back together.
I can't wait to become a butterfly-
this caterpillar stage is making me eat too much salad!! lol


Sparkly Hugs,
Tobi and the Pixies!
xoxoxo

I am linking Bob to
Outdoor Wednesday
Strut Your Stuff Thursday

6 comments

  1. Carinissimo il tuo blog.. ti seguo da pochissimo dall'amata Italia.
    Si sente l' aria di Natale.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh Tobi Sweetie...
    I simply adore Bob, and how wonderful to have him about in the house to keep him safe until Spring rolls around and Bobs 1-1,000,000,000+ come back as well. He would have died if he had been out in the storm. You saved him Tobi, and I am so proud of you.

    I love seeing you feed him with the spoon. Now that just took my breath away. You know my love for butterflies.

    Thank you for sharing this beautiful story, and I hope you and Bob2 have a wonderful afternoon sweet friend. Many hugs and SO much love, Sherry

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a heartwarming story, Tobi! Would you believe I have not seen ONE SINGLE monarch butterfly this year? :( I'm glad you have Bob. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Amazing! I have never heard of such a thing~!
    I'll be praying for you and "Bob"

    Hugs,
    Shell

    (Little Giveaway over on my blog)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Bob ROCKS, and so do you, Tobi!!! Happy Wednesday - Tanya

    ReplyDelete