Copper Bucket Vessel Sink


It all started with our house fire a few years ago. Click here for a different post on that.
The house was stripped down to the beams, so I moved walls, vaulted ceilings etc.... It's all good! Anyway, I had to order two sinks for the bathrooms. I had ordered one, and thought I had time to order the other. Well, guess what? The contractors needed them both at once of course! The sink I had ordered for the Powder room fit better upstairs so I was left without a sink! I had seen this done with a tin bucket in a magazine, so when the project manager asked me for the powder room sink, I handed him this bucket and said
"Here ya go!" He looked at me as it I had two heads, but he was finally getting used to my unorthodox decorating style.
"What am I supposed to do with this?" he asked, not really wanting to know my answer.
"Oh, just drill a hole in the center that matches the size hole that sinks usually have and install it".
"You can't do that" he said, obviously he was a linear thinker and I was challenging the core of his being...
"Yes you can, right Giuseppe? " I responded cheerfully, and turned to the contractor who loved my wacky ideas cause he knew that it would look great in his portfolio.
He nodded with approval as he whisked off with my copper pot to drill a hole in it.
So, not only did I get the cool sink I wanted, it cost me only $5 because I had the pot that I had paid a whopping $5 for a bunch of years ago! We did a "Rock Area Rug" from the pebble tiles left over from the upstairs shower, so that cost us nothing because we had to buy them for the shower and if I hadn't used them, they would have been in my garage!
The counter top was made from the peice of wood left over from my fireplace mantel, and a chunk of tree that we had to cut down now lives inside and serves as a leg.
Don't you just love THRIFTY decorating???
Another one of my "decorating things" is to paint the walls TWO different colors. In my powder room, two walls are blue and two walls are green! I started doing this when I couldn't decide which color I liked better, so I decided on both. Who says you HAVE to paint all the walls the same color? Rules schmules I say!
Here is the WATER SHOT for Watery Wednesday!!!

I have Japanese River Rocks in the bottom of the sink for an organic feel

Sparkly Hugs,Tobi and the Pixies!









15 comments

  1. That sink looks great. Very unique. Have a wonderful week, my friend. Cheers!

    ReplyDelete
  2. you are just tooooooo clever...I love it!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think it looks great. Be blessed. Cindy

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow. Wow! What a unique and clever look. The sink itself is pretty amazing as well (love the natural wood!)

    I'd love for you to check out my blog for a CSN give away! Have a wonderful day! alittleknickknack.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh Tobi! That sink is the best! I am so glad you got some good out of your fire!
    Hugs, Lisa

    ReplyDelete
  6. I would say that is a one of a kind creative touch! And, it is so clever! Such an awesome bathroom!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Score high for creativity and originality.

    ReplyDelete
  8. You just can't get that kind of character out of a box! It's fabulous!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love the eclectic look you achieved by pairing that copper pot with the wooden counter top!!
    :-) Sue

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love to see somebody thinking outside the box. Great look and great repurpose!
    Rose

    ReplyDelete
  11. Such a wonderful setting. I loved reading this post.

    We went birding last week...today's post for my blog is all kinds of coastal bird photos. Do take a side trip over to my place if you can find some time to view many waterfowl.

    COASTAL BIRDING

    Have a super day my friend.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Can I just say - you have the COOLEST stuff ever?!!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. yes, love thrifty decorating! this is just great!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Very, very good idea! I love out of the box creativity like this and it look great too!
    ☺ Celeste

    ReplyDelete
  15. That bucket is so perfect to be a vessel sink. It really makes everything so cool. I love the looks of it and the color of it makes it more gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete